Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Wall Ball Squats - A Whole New Kind of Hell....

Hi.  My name is Katie and I am a bootcamp-aholic.  No, seriously, I  possibly need to be committed.  I don't know what Josh and Terri put in the water jug at that place, but it makes all my common sense go away and brainwashes me into thinking I need to do boot camp twice a day.  Ya that's right - you read that correctly - TWICE today.  And I could not have picked a WORSE day to go twice- SO. FREAKING. HARD.

We did Crossfit on crack today....as I kindly refer to it.  There were five stations set up and three exercises at each station.  We stay at each station 7 and a half minutes and just repeat the exercises until the time is up.  I'll break down the stations for you (mainly because it is part of my therapy to write these all down so I can face the reality that I am actually going insane for loving every minute of it!):

Station 1:
10 Clean Press (barbell with weights that you dead lift into a squat and then shoulder press it up over your head)
10 Handstand Push ups (EXACTLY what they sound like)
10 Burpees

Station 2:
50 Squats
30 Push ups
20 Thrusters

Station 3: (all on the TRX suspended rope things)
15 Pikes (both feet are suspended and while in the push up position, you raise your butt in the air in a pike position and then straighten out again)
15 Tricep presses
15 Rows

Station 4:
15 Kettle bell Swings
20 Wall Ball Squats (With both hands, throwing a big weighted ball up high against a wall and then catching it and go immediately into a squat and then throw it right back up...I'll write more about these in a bit)
10 High Knees Sprawl (run in place with your knees high 10 times and then drop to the ground where your stomach and chest are on the floor and push yourself back up and start over)

Station 5
Max number of Pull Ups (go until you cant pull yourself up anymore)
15 Box Jumps
50 Jump Ropes

I would like to focus on Station 1 and Station 4....mainly because those are what should be listed in the medical report as my Causes of Death.  The Clean Press (I think that's the name of it - who knows?!?! All the blood left my brain to help assist my legs on this one) was difficult but I managed to do 22 of them.  But SO much energy was put into those, that everything after that was hell. 

By the time I got to Station 4, I was exhausted.....like didn't know if I was going to puke or poo my pants, exhausted.  Luckily, I did not do either of those and was able to start Station 4.  The kettle bell swings are not that bad - not fun - but not the worst thing ever.  The next exercise is the worst thing ever- wall ball squats.  It seems like it would not be that big of a deal to throw a ball into the air but, holy crap, I felt nauseated and like there was a vice around my lungs during most of them.  And then to move right to High Knee Sprawls?!?!  I'm sure Josh and Terri sat and just laughed when they were writing up all these exercises.....it gives them pure joy to see us on the verge of puking.  Sickos. :)

After Josh called "Time!" on our last station, it was literally quiet in the room for like 30 seconds.  And suddenly Amy, who normally talks all the time, just said, "Yep, I'm going to be sick".  And right after that Josh said, "Why is there a jump rope in the bathroom?".  To which I replied, "When you said 'Time', I literally threw my jump rope as far as I could". 

It was THAT kind of day....Josh started the workout by telling us we should all feel like s*# t by the end and guess what?  We did....FO SHO.

Shawntia, Me, and Molly (CrazyTrain Crew) after the workout today---

This is poor Susan's leg after the Clean Press.  She got it up (awesome!!!) but when she dropped it, it hit and rolled down her leg.  Battle wound!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment